I suggest you ...

alternative to the 2d masking system

you should add an alternative system for the 2d masking 'cause this is too expensive(time).
you should add the option to, instead of the 2d masking, you can select the area of pointcloud (like 3d masking) and it generates everything without selectin the main object (for examples it create the shoes and the floor instead of the shooes only) and then with someting like scissors you can cut off the things that you don't need.
thanks

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    pumpkinotto shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminAdmin (Admin, triAyaam) commented  · 

Dear pumpkinotto,

Thanks for your suggestion.

2D Mssking is not time consuming(usually takes 2-5 minutes) but there is little learning curve involved as the process is little complicated at present.
        There is no need to manually mask(during 2D Masking) every image in Neitra. In case of large number of images, user can deselect all images using "Deselect all segmented images" radio icon. Then select only 10-15 images taken from different camera angles. Properly apply mask on these images. It will give you a rough shape which can be refined during next process of "Surface Refinement".

We do have future plans in pipeline to make Neitra more robust and easy to use.

Feedback and Knowledge Base